We’re back with more smoked salmon! If you haven’t already, go check out our recipe for Cold Smoked Salmon, and then join us for this creamy, smoky and savory Smoked Salmon Chowder!
Smoked Salmon Chowder
Relish the smooth richness of our Smoked Salmon Chowder recipe! Enjoy its perfect blend of creaminess, smokiness and heartiness that will leave you satisfied and wanting more. Try our recipe today for an unforgettable taste experience!
- 16 oz red potatoes, quartered
Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Finishing Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup carrots, small dice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups half and half
- 3 tbsp capers
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz cold smoked salmon, large dice
2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning
1 tsp Flavolcano Hot Sauce
Preheat your Napoleon Grills Prestige P500RSIB-1 to 500ºF, firing up two of the burners on high and leaving two off, to set up for direct and indirect grilling.
- Grill the quartered potatoes over direct flame until charred. Move to indirect heat and continue cooking until almost tender, but not cooked all the way through. Potatoes should still have a little bite to them in the center. When the potatoes are cool, dice them into bite sized pieces.
Preheat a Lodge 5 Quart Dutch Oven over medium heat. Melt the butter in the dutch oven. Add the onions and celery. Sweat until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and flour. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the tomato paste then vegetable stock slowly, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer. Add the diced potatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are fully tender.
Stir in the half and half, capers, cream cheese, salmon, Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning and Flavolcano Hot Sauce. Bring to a simmer, stirring to melt the cream cheese. Taste and adjust salt level as needed.
- Serving Size
- 12.95 oz
- per serving
- 22 grams
- 11 grams
- 25 grams
- 890 milligrams