Forget buying your roast beef at the deli counter, this homemade Smoked Roast Beef will save you money and blow your taste buds away! And we’re taking this all the way with a savory, herbaceous smoked roast beef sandwich featuring fire roasted red bell peppers and a creamy horseradish spread!
Smoked Roast Beef Sandwich
Treat yourself to the homemade Smoked Roast Beef! Fire-roasted red bell peppers and a creamy horseradish spread will tantalize your taste buds. Make this at home without compromising on flavor - fresh Smoked Roast Beef is an unbeatable experience!
- 1 (3-3.5 lb) beef eye of round roast
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp Butcher BBQ Prime Dust
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
2-3 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
2-3 tbsp olive oil
- red bell peppers
- green leaf lettuce
- horseradish spread (recipe below)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp fine grated asiago cheese
Noble Saltworks Pecan Wood Smoked Finishing Salt
For the roast beef:
For the sandwich:
For the horseradish spread:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 250ºF, set up for smoking.
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from the surface of the roast.
Mix the veggie stock, Butcher BBQ Prime Dust and Worcestershire sauce in an injection mixer. Shake well for 5-10 seconds. Load the injection into your pistol grip injector. Insert the needle into the roast, poking around to create a pocket and then injecting the liquid. Repeat this process in a grid pattern, all over the roast. Wipe up excess liquid that has escaped the roast.
Combine the garlic, rosemary, thyme, Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning and olive oil. Mix well to form a rough paste. Slather the paste over all surfaces of the roast.
- Smoke the roast at 250ºF until the internal temperature reaches 125ºF, about 2.5 hours. Remove from the grill and rest.
Remove the hatch on your two door diffuser, or the entire diffuser. Return the grates and place your red bell peppers on the grates directly above the flame. Blacken the skin, then turn to blacken all sides. When the entire surface is blackened, place the peppers in a zip top bag. Allow the peppers to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the peppers from the bag. Scrape the blackened skin from the flesh. Remove the stems and seeds and discard. Slice the flesh of the peppers into thin strips.
- Combine the ingredients for the horseradish spread and mix well to combine.
- Slice the roast beef very thin (#2 setting on the LEM Commercial Slicer).
- Build your sandwiches, starting with a thick slice of french bread topped with the horseradish spread, then a pile of smoked roast beef, the sliced fire roasted red bell peppers, green leaf lettuce and finally the second slice of french bread.
- Serving Size
- 14.48 oz
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 55 grams
- 24 grams
- 220 milligrams