Made in a skillet, this smoked pasta is a cheesy pile of yum! For a new way to make a classic dish, this recipe is the one to try!!
- 1 lb ziti, rigatone or penne
- 1 (26 oz) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 links italian sausage, cooked, diced
- 16 oz ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 6 oz parmesan, grated
- 8 oz mozzarella or burrata
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta to al dente (not too soft). For cooking times, refer to the pasta packaging for cook times.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 250°F. Combine the pasta and pasta sauce in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, herbs and one cup of the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine ingredients. Transfer the ricotta mixture to a plastic zip top bag.
Place half of the sauced noodles in Lodge Logic 12" Cast Iron Skillet.
- Top the pasta with half of the ricotta mixture (cut corner of bag and pipe over pasta), half of the mozzarella (torn or cut into pieces), half of the diced hot link and half of the remaining parmesan.
- Pour the rest of the pasta in the pan. Top it with the remaining ricotta mixture, mozzarella, hot link and parmesan.
- Cook the dish at 250°F for half an hour. After half an hour turn the heat up to 400°F and cook until the dish begins to brown on top and around the edges, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Read More: How Do Pellet Grills Work
- Serving Size
- 11.79 oz
- per serving
- 57.3 grams
- 39.1 grams
- 27.6 grams
- 1327 milligrams