Smoked Chocolate Mousse
Smoked Chocolate Mousse is the perfect way to take your dessert to the next level. This elegant dessert is rich in texture and flavor and the touch of smoke is just the right finish!
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips, divided
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 7 egg yolks
- 11 egg whites
- 2 1/2 oz white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
Prepare your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill for cold smoking. Flip the switch to the “on” position, but do not press start. This will allow the fans to run without creating heat. Fill an A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker with your favorite pellets. Place on the main cooking grate to the left side. Light the end with a torch. Let the fire burn for a minute before blowing out the flame.
Spread the chocolate chips out on sheets of FrogMat. Place the FrogMat on the second shelf of the grill. Smoke the chocolate for 90 minutes. Remove from the grill. Set aside 2 oz of the chocolate chips, and mince for garnish.
- On the stove top, melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly. Whisk in the yolks one at a time.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Slowly add the sugar while whisking. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Add the remaining egg whites and fold until there are not remaining streaks.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. When the chocolate mixture has cooled to 90ºF-95ºF, fold in the heavy cream until no streaks remain.
Pipe the mousse into 4 oz mason jars and chill until ready to serve. Serve topped with bourbon whipped cream and a pinch of minced smoked chocolate chips.
You might also enjoy: Cast Iron Chocolate Lava Cake
- Serving Size
- 2.98 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 5 grams
- 19 grams
- 89 milligrams