Chef Tom fires up the Big Green Egg and smokes a whole Creekstone Farms Prime Brisket using the Kamado Joe SloRoller.
Treat yourself and your friends to the ultimate tasty experience! Chef Tom and the Big Green Egg are smoking up a delicious Creekstone Farms Prime Brisket with the Kamado Joe SloRoller, so get ready for a mouth-watering delight!
1 (12 lb) Creekstone Farms Whole Prime Brisket
Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold Rub
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock
2 tsp Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold Rub
For the injection:
- Trim and remove the fat cap from the point. Trim the fat cap over the flat to 1/4”. Trim any excessive/hard fat from the surface.
- Combine the injection ingredients and mix well. Load into a pistol grip injector. Inject the flat meat in a grid pattern, pumping in as much liquid as will stay inside before moving to the next injection site.
- Wipe excess injection liquid from the surface of the brisket. Season with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold and Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. When the seasonings appear wet on the surface the brisket is ready to go on the grill.
- Build a bed of hot charcoal in the firebox of the Big Green Egg. Place the Kamado Joe SloRoller in the grill and stabilize the temperature at 275ºF-300Fº. Place 1`-2 fist sized chunks of hickory smoking wood on the hot coals, then return the top of the SloRoller to its place. Install the cooking grates, then transfer the brisket to the grill.
- Smoke the brisket until a dark bark is formed and the internal temperature passes 160ºF, about 4-5 hours. No need to add more smoking wood during this period of time, as the original chunks will add plenty of smoke flavor.
- Wrap the brisket in foil and continue cooking until the brisket is tender and offers little resistance when probed with an instant read thermometer, about 1-2 hours more. The internal temperature in the flat will be around 205ºF.
- Remove from the grill and place in a cooler to rest. Rest for at least one hour before slicing to serve.
- Serving Size
- 9.6 oz
- per serving
- 0.1 grams
- 211 grams
- 200 grams
- 647 milligrams