Smoked Beef Short Ribs are a crowd favorite, and for good reason. The smokey, crunchy bark and the tender, juicy rib meat are everything great about barbecue. We’re going to let you in on a little secret, they’re also incredibly easy to cook! Check out Chef Tom’s recipe for Smoked Beef Short Ribs, cooked over charcoal and cherry wood on the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Grill, and as a bonus, a bright and tangy Chimichurri sauce to compliment.
Smoked Beef Short Ribs with Chimichurri
Unlock the delicious smoky flavors of Beef Short Ribs with ease. Our recipe will have you grilling over charcoal and cherrywood on the Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill in no time. Enjoy the crunchy bark, juicy texture and a tangy Chimichurri sauce for the perfect meal!
- 1 (6 lb) 3 bone section beef short ribs
Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce
Killer Hogs The AP Rub
Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Steak Seasoning
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, thick stems removed
- 3 jalapeños, roasted, peeled & stemmed
- 3/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 6 garlic cloves, rough chop
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cattleman’s Grill 8 second ride Carne Asada Seasoning
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
Stabilize your Kamado Joe Classic III at 275º-300ºF set up for smoking.
- Score the fat cap of the beef ribs and trim away any exposed silver skin.
Spread a thin layer of Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce over the entire surface of the short ribs. Season with a layer of Killer Hogs The AP Rub. Rub the seasoning into the score marks on the fat cap. When the AP Rub appears wet on the surface it has attached to the meat. Then repeat the seasoning process with the Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Steak Seasoning.
Place a few fist sized chunks of Cattleman's Grill cherry smoking wood on the coal bed. When the chunks ignite, set the grill up for indirect cooking and transfer the short ribs to the grill.
Smoke the ribs until probe tender. There should be very little resistance when probed with an instant read thermometer, and the internal temperature will surpass 205ºF. The length of the cook with depend on the size of the slab of ribs. Our 6 lb slab took about 5 1/2 hours.
- To make the chimichurri, place all the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serving Size
- 6.54 oz
- per serving
- 6.8 grams
- 132 grams
- 66 grams
- 660 milligrams