What sets this meal off is the smoked chuck roast, which adds a nice smokey flavor to the final dish.
Smoked Beef Bourguignon
Indulge in a delicious smoked Beef Bourguignon that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. This easy-to-follow recipe combines the rich smokiness of chuck roast, portabella mushrooms, sweet onion, garlic, San Marzano Tomatoes, and Burgundy wine to create a unique and flavorful experience.
- 3 lb chuck roast
Butcher BBQ Prime Dust
Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, quarters
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 oz) can Ciao DOP Certified San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 (750mL) bottle Burgundy (or Pinot Noir) wine
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS480 to 250°F. Inject the chuck roast with Butcher BBQ Prime Dust. Pat the outside of the roast mostly dry with paper towels. Season the roast with Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches about 150°F, about 90 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the cooker and place a Lodge Logic 7 Quart Dutch Oven on the grate to preheat. Turn the cooker up to 400°F. Rest 10 minutes. Cut the roast into 2” cubes.
- Place about one tablespoon of oil in the dutch oven. Add the quartered mushrooms and sliced onions to the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cubed beef, bay leaf, thyme, stock and wine. Braise the beef until very tender (about 210°F internal temperature), and the liquid is reduced by over half, about 2 hours.
- Serve the Beef Bourguignon topped with the minced fresh parsley.
- Serving Size
- 14.11 oz
- per serving
- 23 grams
- 60 grams
- 15 grams
- 671 milligrams