Chef Eric Gephart of Kamado Joe fires up the Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for his Tuscan inspired Simple Citrus Seared Chicken Breast. There's nothing better than a 30-minute meal that is power packed with bold grilled citrus flavor.
Simple Citrus Seared Chicken Breast
Experience bold, citrusy flavor with Chef Eric Gephart's Simple Citrus Seared Chicken Breast recipe for the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill! Ready in just 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 4-5oz each), boneless, skinless
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (Roughly 1 tbsp)
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steak Seasoning
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, fresh cracked
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
3 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Stabilize your grill at 550F and set up for a direct cook.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with Cattlemans Tuscan Steak.
- Place each chicken breast in a Ziplock or between sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet of rolling pin, carefully pound the chicken breasts into a consistent thickness of roughly ¼ inch.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and olive oil then pour it into the bag with the pounded chicken. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes (or until your grill has come to temperature) but no longer than 4 hours.
- Slightly oil your grill grates, I have chosen to use the cast iron grill grate. Place the chicken, presentation side down first (the side that originally had the skin on it). Grill undisturbed for 1 ½ minutes, rotate and place on a new spot on the grill surface to assist in a better sear and cook for 1 more minute. Flip, close the lid and continue to grill for 2 minute or until the breast are cooked through and has reached an internal temp of 160F. Take the grilled chicken off the grill and stack it on the cutting board allowing it to rest and carry over to 165 (roughly 7 minutes).
- Slice each lobe 3 times across the grain on a slight bias.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size
- 5.89 oz
- per serving
- 2.3 grams
- 21.8 grams
- 23.8 grams
- 58 milligrams