Shrimp Tostadas with Jalapeño Guacamole
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
It’s hot outside. There’s no getting around it. The good news is, there are tostadas. And not just any tostadas, but Shrimp Tostadas with Jalapeño Guacamole! Bring the heat. Eat fresh. Be cool!
- 24 jumbo Gulf shrimp
Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath
Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Seasoning
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 small avocados
3 tbsp Holmes Made Roasted Green Chile Medium Salsa
- 3 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Holmes Made Roasted Green Chile Medium Salsa
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Cotija, crumbled
For the shrimp:
For the guacamole:
For the salsa cream:
For the tostada:
Preheat your Le Griddle over medium low heat.
To prepare the shrimp, first peel the shells and devein the shrimp. Place the peeled shrimp in a small Briner Bucket. Cover with equal parts Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath and water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- To make the guacamole, place the whole jalapeño on a sheet pan, or on the griddle. Using a propane torch, blacken the surface of the jalapeño. Using a damp paper towel, rub the blackened skin off the flesh. Halve the pepper and remove the seeds. Dice the flesh, very fine. Discard the charred skin, seeds and stems.
Place the flesh of the avocados in a quart sized zip top bag along with the diced jalapeño, Holmes Made Roasted Green Chile Medium Salsa, minced cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt. Seal the bag and mash all the ingredients by squeezing the bag, or pounding with a meat mallet. Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To prepare the salsa crema, combine the sour cream and Holmes Made Roasted Green Chile Medium Salsa and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto double prong skewers. Season with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Seasoning.
- Increase one half of the griddle to high heat, and the other to medium. Cover the surface of the griddle with vegetable oil.
Grill the shrimp over high heat until lightly charred. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the shrimp reaches 140ºF. Remove from the grill.
- While the shrimp is cooking, fry the corn tortillas on the other half of the griddle, over medium heat. Brown then flip, and brown the opposite side. Remove from the griddle.
- To build the tostadas, place the fried tortilla on a plate. Top with about 1/4 cup of shredded Romaine lettuce, then 1/4 cup guacamole. Place shrimp on the guacamole (three shrimp per tostada). Drizzle a little of the salsa crema over the shrimp. Add a crumble of the Cotija cheese to the top of everything.
- This recipe will yield 8 Shrimp Tostadas with Jalapeño Guacamole.
You might also enjoy: Surf n' Turf Tacos
- Serving Size
- 9.8 oz
- per serving
- 8.2 grams
- 73.3 grams
- 20.6 grams
- 897 milligrams