Salt & Pepper Pork Spare Ribs
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS1500s Pellet Grill for Salt & Pepper Pork Spare Ribs. These Texas inspired apple-whiskey spritzed pork ribs feature big-time flavor, bark and smoke!
Creekstone Farms Duroc Spare Ribs, trimmed St. Louis style
Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- 1 part apple cider
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- 1 part whiskey
For the Apple-Whiskey Spritz:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS1500s Pellet Grill to 275ºF set up for smoking.
- To make the Apple-Whiskey Spritz, combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to mix.
- Spray your St. Louis trimmed Creekstone Farms Duroc Spare Ribs with the Apple-Whiskey Spritz; just enough to form a thin layer for binding your seasoning to the meat.
- Season with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub on all sides.
Transfer the ribs to the smoker, bone side down. Smoke for about 2 hours before beginning to spritz, then spritz the ribs every 45-60 minutes until the ribs are done.
The ribs are done cooking when the ends of the rack stay on the cooking rack when the rack is lifted 4” - 6” off the grate from the center of the rack, and the meat in the center of the rack begins to crack/break during the lifting process.
- Serving Size
- 5.06 oz
- per serving
- 0.6 grams
- 19 grams
- 25.7 grams
- 730 milligrams