Spice up your dinner with this easy-to-make Rib Tip Chorizo! Juicy pork rib tips are combined with smoky Guajillo peppers, Habanero peppers, Mexican oregano, cumin, and paprika to create a truly mouth-watering, spicy dish you won't forget. Try it tonight and let your senses bask in flavor!
Rib Tip Chorizo
Discover the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine with our easy-to-follow recipe for Rib Tip Chorizo! Perfectly spiced with guajillo peppers, habanero, Mexican oregano, cumin, and paprika, this delicious dish will transport your taste buds to a new level of spicy satisfaction.
- 1 lb rib tips
- 3 oz pork/beef fat (Alternatively, you can just use store bought ground pork)
- 4 dried Guajillo chiles
- 1/4 cup vinegar of your choice (We used a combination of apple cider and pomegranate vinegars)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne powder
2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Habanero powder (optional)
- In a dry, hot skillet, toast the chiles for about 30 seconds on each side. Add enough water to cover the chiles. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let chiles soak until moist, about 30 minutes.
- Remove moistened chiles from the soaking liquid, de-stem, and place in a blender. Add to the blender the vinegar, onion and garlic. Blend until a smooth paste, similar to ketchup, if formed.
- If your meat and fat mixture is not yet ground, grind using a small die.
- Add to the ground meat the chile paste and all the spices. Mix by hand. Cook a test batch in a skillet and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serving Size
- 3.06 oz
- per serving
- 6 grams
- 10 grams
- 19 grams
- 49 milligrams