Who doesn't love a killer Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich? Here we make our take on a classic American food...that's where this Philly Cheesesteak Recipe comes in. It's simple, but with a few tweaks it goes from good to great.
Discover the secrets of making delicious Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches on the grill! Our easy-to-follow instructions will have you grilling up gooey, melt-in-your-mouth sandwiches loaded with provolone and American cheese in no time. Fire up the grill and get ready for a truly mouthwatering experience!
- 1.5 lb ribeye steaks
Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices white American cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- vegetable oil
- Place your ribeye steaks in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 450°F, with the diffuser removed and a griddle over the firebox. Remove the steaks from the freezer and slice very thin. Toss the sliced meat in a little oil and season with Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning.
- Combine the onions and peppers in a bowl. Toss in a little oil and season with Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning.
- Place the buns, cut side down, on the right side of the grill (brush with butter first, if desired). Grill until toasted, then remove and set aside.
- Cook the onions and peppers on the griddle until browned. Remove and set aside. Cook the beef on the griddle until browned. Add the onions and peppers back to the griddle. Make two long mounds of the cheesesteak filling. Top with the cheeses. Cook another couple of minutes until melted.
- Transfer the cheesesteak filling to the buns.
- Serving Size
- 14.94 oz
- per serving
- 60 grams
- 31 grams
- 66 grams
- 1530 milligrams