Love a classic Mexican Pizza? Enjoy it with a BBQ twist! This recipe for Mexican Pizza offers all the great flavor you love, plus a fresh, flavorful take on the classic. Delicious quesadilla, enchilada and pizza flavors combine in the ultimate guilty pleasure!
Mexican Pizza! A riff on a classic menu item from your favorite guilty pleasure Mexican fast food joint, the Mexican Pizza is part quesadilla, part enchilada, part pizza and all delicious!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat your oil over medium heat in a Lodge 10” cast iron skillet. Fry each tortilla on both sides until lightly browned and crispy. Transfer the tortillas to paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Pour off most of the vegetable oil from the skillet. Add the ground beef and season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through (165°F+).
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- To assemble the Mexican pizzas, spread the half of your tortillas with 2-3 tablespoons of refried beans. Divide the ground beef and pepper jack cheese equally and place on top of the beans. Pour two tablespoons of enchilada sauce over the filling.
- Next, add a second tortilla to the top of the bean and beef filling, like a quesadilla. Pour one tablespoon of enchilada sauce on top of each top tortilla and spread to the edges. Top each Mexican Pizza with cheddar cheese.
- Place the Mexican Pizzas on a sheet pan, and transfer to the grill. Cook until the cheeses are melted and filling is warmed through, 10-15 minutes.
- Finish each Mexican Pizza with diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and sour cream.
- Serving Size
- 16.53 oz
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 47 grams
- 47 grams
- 46 grams
- 1323 milligrams