Chef Britt celebrates one year at All Things BBQ by smokin’ up a batch of ribs chock full of honey and garlic flavor! She shows you the basic techniques of preparing these smoked ribs using incredible seasoning and caramelizing garlic along the way!
Honey Garlic Ribs
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Unlock the secret to amazing ribs with this simple recipe! Enjoy the sweetness of honey and the punch of garlic flavor as you learn how to make delectable ribs. Prepare them with incredible seasoning and your mouth won't be able to resist!
1 rack spare ribs
2 tbsp Zingerz Cayenne-Infused Honey
1 tbsp Butcher BBQ Honey Rub **See Recipe Notes
- 1/3 cup Oakridge Santa Maria Seasoning
3 tbsp Butcher BBQ Honey Rub **See Recipe Notes
1 tbsp Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub
1/4 cup Blues Hog Honey Mustard Sauce
2-3 tbsp Zingerz Garlic-Infused Honey
- 6-8 Garlic cloves, sliced thin
For the honey binder:
For the honey garlic rub:
For the braising mixture:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 275ºF, set up for smoking/indirect grilling.
- Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. Trim the ribs to remove any sharp bones from the ends.
To make the honey binder, mix together one tablespoon Butcher BBQ Honey Rub with two tablespoons of Zingerz Cayenne-Infused Honey. For the rub, combine 3 tablespoons Butcher BBQ Honey Rub, 1/3 cup Oakridge Santa Maria Seasoning, and one tablespoon Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub.
- Rub all surfaces of the ribs with the honey binder. Season the ribs with the Honey Garlic Rub. Let the ribs sit for about 5-10 minutes to allow the seasoning to really adhere to the ribs.
- Smoke the ribs until a mahogany-colored bark is formed on the surface, about 3-4 hours.
Remove the ribs from the grill. Lay down two sheets of heavy-duty foil and spread a centered layer of Blues Hog Honey Mustard Sauce and Zingerz Garlic-Infused Honey with a layer of thinly-sliced garlic. Place the rack of ribs, meat side down, on top of your braising mixture. Wrap the ribs so they are tightly sealed and return the ribs to the smoker at 350°F for one hour, or until desired texture.
- Remove the Honey Garlic Ribs from the grill. Rest 10 minutes. Slice to serve.
** Recipe Notes: We replaced the Kosmos Honey Powder with Butcher BBQ Honey Rub due to inventory concerns. It has the same great sweetness the honey powder provides, combined with spices already occurring throughout the recipe
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 13 grams
- 17 grams
- 24 grams
- 411 milligrams