Halibut with Peach Glaze and Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
You’ve never tried Halibut like this before! Covered in a peach glaze and paired with a Pineapple & Cucumber salsa, this recipe is a must-have!!
1 GrillPro Smoking Plank, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 3/4 lb Halibut (or other whitefish) fillet
- 1 lemon, sliced
Plowboys Fin & Feather Rub
Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Mango Habanero Texas Bird Bath
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cut into a small dice
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
1 tbsp Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce by Panchero's Mexican Grill
Pinch of salt
Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
- Preheat Yoder Smokers YS640 (or other grill) to 325°F and set up for both direct and indirect grilling. Prepare the Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa.
- Rub bottom side of fillet with oil, to prevent sticking, and place on soaked grilling plank. Apply a moderate layer of Plowboys Fin & Feather Rub to the topside of the fillet. Slice Lemon, and lay slices across the fillet.
- Place the plank over the direct heat. Cook until the plank is dried out and smoking. Move the plank to the indirect heat side of the pit. When the thickest part of the fish reaches 140°F, remove the lemon slices and brush the fish with a generous layer of the Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Mango Habanero Texas Bird Bath.
- Continue cooking until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145° (check the temperature using an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-75). Serve fish topped with the Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The salsa should sit at least an hour, for best flavor.
- Serving Size
- 22.52 oz
- per serving
- 30 grams
- 84 grams
- 22 grams
- 530 milligrams