Chef Tom breaks down a side of wild caught Sockeye salmon and crafts a delicious Salmon Burger. Fire up the Yoder Smokers YS640s! This one is perfect for your Summer cookouts!
Grilled Salmon Burger
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Chef Tom's shows you how to craft his Salmon Burgers using wild caught Sockeye salmon for a nutritious, savory meal. Each burger has a balanced flavor and an enjoyable eating experience.
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- 2 soft onion rolls
- Unsalted butter, softened, for spreading on the rolls
- Boston Bibb lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- 1 lb Salmon fillet, skin off, diced into 1” cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather, plus more for seasoning the surface
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard
For the Salmon Patties:
For the Mustard Sauce:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up with the Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle in place over the firebox, raised ridges side up, diffuser (door) removed.
Place the cubed salmon in a food processor with the yolk, lemon zest, Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather and Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt. Pulse until finely chopped to a ground meat type consistency.
- Remove the salmon mixture from the food processor and form into two (1/2 lb) patties, about the same diameter as the onion rolls you plan to serve them on. Transfer the patties to the refrigerator.
To make the Mustard Sauce, you will begin by making mayonnaise. Place the egg yolk in a heavy bowl along with the yolk, lemon juice and smoked paprika. Whisk well. Slowly drizzle in a few drops of the vegetable oil, whisking vigorously and constantly. As the oil emulsifies into the yolk mixture, begin to drizzle more oil in a slow steady stream. Continue this until all oil is incorporated. Season with Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt, to taste. Add the Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard and whisk to combine. Store the in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- When the salmon patties have firmed up (about 15-20 minutes), remove them from the refrigerator. Season both sides generously with Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather.
- Using a paper towel soaked with a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, grease the surface of the cast iron griddle. Place the salmon patties on the greased griddle. Cook until you achieve nice grill marks. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 135ºF. Remove from the grill immediately. Grill the halved, buttered onion roll, cut side down until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill.
- To assemble the salmon burger, spread the bottom half of the onion roll with the mustard sauce. Top it with Boston Bibb lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onions. Place the salmon patty on the veggies. Fan out the sliced avocado on top of the salmon. Drizzle a generous amount of the mustard sauce over the avocado and top with the other half of the onion roll.
- Serving Size
- 23.28 oz
- per serving
- 36.5 grams
- 15.4 grams
- 67.2 grams
- 803 milligrams