If you’re looking for a cool weather salad to impress your guests this Fall, you’ve found it. Big bold flavors make this a perfect entrée salad, or you can cut down the portions and serve it on the side.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Tantalize your tastebuds with this heavenly Grilled Pork Tenderloin Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette! Juicy pork tenderloin, candied pecans and bourbon soaked cherries, all finished with a creamy balsamic vinaigrette- it's a guaranteed taste sensation!
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup water
- 1 pork tenderloin
1/4 cup House of Q Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Slather
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Kosmos Q Killer Bee Honey Chipotle Rub (or your favorite pork rub)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp House of Q Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Slather
1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the candied pecans:
For the bourbon soaked cherries:
For the tenderloin:
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- Place the dried cherries in a bowl. Pour in the bourbon and water. Cover with plastic wrap and let soak overnight. Strain the cherries and give them a rough chop.
- Make the candied pecans. In a Lodge Logic cast iron skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the maple syrup and brown sugar. Whisk to dissolve sugar. Let boil and reduce by half. Add the pecans and stir to coat. Pour onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan to cool. When cooled, chop pecans.
- Wash out the pan and return to low heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil, the sliced onion and a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat until onions are lightly browned, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Keep the heat low.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400°F, set up with GrillGrates. Trim silver skin from the pork tenderloin. Combine the House of Q Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Slather and maple syrup. Inject the tenderloin all over with the mixture. Wipe the excess injection from the surface of the tenderloin. Apply the Kosmos Q Killer Bee Honey Chipotle Rub.
- Grill the tenderloin on all sides until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Remove from the cooker. Rest 10 minutes then dice the pork.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette. In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with the vinaigrette to coat the leaves. Mix in the pork, caramelized onions, bourbon cherries and candied pecans.
- Serving Size
- 7.22 oz
- per serving
- 59 grams
- 47 grams
- 42 grams
- 661 milligrams