Grilled Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper Aioli
Crab cakes are one of those great equalizers, when it comes to appetizers. It’s a seafood for folks who don’t love seafood. This recipe for Grilled Crab Cakes beats even the best restaurant crab cakes out there, and is probably a lot easier than you think. Oh, and the Lemon Caper Aioli is the icing on the (crab) cake! Dive right into your new favorite seafood appetizer!
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 1/2 cup panko (coarse breadcrumbs), divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup aioli
1 tbsp House of Q Slow Smoke Gold Mustard Sauce
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
olive oil for pan frying
- 2 egg yolk
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- zest of 1 large lemon
For the aioli:
To make the aioli, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard powder in a food processor. Slowly begin to drizzle the vegetable oil into the egg mixture with the food processor running. Continue to drizzle the vegetable oil, then the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil until all oil is incorporated. You should have a mayonnaise like consistency. Taste and season with salt, as needed. Set aside 1/4 cup aioli for the crab cakes. Whisk in the capers, sriracha and lemon zest. Store in the refrigerator.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the green onion and garlic with the crab meat, 3/4 cup panko, 1/4 cup parmesan, the fire roasted red pepper, eggs, aioli, House of Q Slow Smoke Gold Mustard Sauce and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 (roughly 4 oz) portions, form into patties and place on a parchment lined pan or plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat your Kamado Joe Classic II to 400°F, set up with the Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle in place.
- Mix together the remaining 3/4 cup of panko, with 1/4 cup parmesan. Press each crab cake into the panko mixture on both sides.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil on the griddle. Cook the crab cakes in batches until the browned, about 5-10 minutes per side. Add more olive oil as needed.
You might also: Grilled Shrimp Po' Boy
- Serving Size
- 7.28 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 17 grams
- 28 grams
- 747 milligrams