Chef Tom fires up the Le Griddle Stainless Steel Teppanyaki Grill for Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa!
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Chef Tom uses a griddle grill for grilled chicken tacos with avocado salsa, he infuses each bite with authentic Mexican taste.
- 2 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
1 cup Sweetwater Spice Tres Chile Fajita Bath
- 1 cup water
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
- 12-15 small corn or flour taco tortillas
- 8 oz Pepper jack, grated
- Butter lettuce, shredded
- Tomato, diced
- 12 oz (6 ea) tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 6 green onions
- 3 avocados
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, skins removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Juice of 1 Lime
1 tbsp Heat Maverick’s Jalapeño Vice Hot Sauce
1 tsp Colonial Chile Infused Oil
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Sea Salt
- Preheat the Le Griddle Stainless Steel Teppanyaki Grill over high heat, with a GrillGrate grilling panel in place on on half of the grill.
- Place the chicken thighs in a Briner Mini Briner Bucket. Add the Sweetwater Spice Tres Chile Fajita Bath and water and stir. Lock the plastic plate in place to keep the thighs submerged. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatillos, jalapeños, Anaheim and green onions on the griddle. Cook until the green onions and tomatillos are slightly charred and softened and the peppers are blackened on the surface, then remove from the griddle.
- Turn off the heat under the half of the griddle without the GrillGrate. Leave the heat on high under the GrillGrate.
- Place the peppers in a zip top bag to steam for 10 minutes.
- Place the green onions and tomatillos in the pitcher of the Vitamix. Add the remaining ingredients for the avocado salsa.
- Remove the peppers from the bag. Peel the skins and discard. Remove the seeds and stems and discard. Add the flesh of the peppers to the blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend the salsa until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the briner bucket. Remove excess moisture from the surface with towels. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning.
- Grill the chicken on the GrillGrate panel with the lid closed until you have dark grill marks. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 170ºF-175ºF. Remove from the griddle.
- When the chicken is nearly done, spray the other half of the griddle (heat still off) with the duck fat spray. Place your tortillas on the griddle. When the first side is warmed and slightly toasted, flip and top with grated pepper jack cheese. Close the lid and cook just until the cheese is melted. Remove from the griddle.
- Dice the chicken. Place the diced chicken in the cheesy tortillas. Top with lettuce, tomato and the Avocado Salsa.
- Serving Size
- 7.84 oz
- per serving
- 29.3 grams
- 31 grams
- 15 grams
- 356 milligrams