Chef Tom kicks off our new burger series with the Grilled Cheese Smash Burger, bringing together two amazing sandwiches for one mouth watering result!
Grilled Cheese Smash Burger
Introducing the Grilled Cheese Smash Burger: the perfect blend of two classic flavors, creating a new flavor experience like no other! Our Chef Tom has put his own twist on this recipe.
- 2 cups (8 oz) sharp cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted piquillo peppers, diced
- 16 slices sandwich bread
- Vegetable oil for toasting sandwiches
- 4 (1/3 lb) 80/20 beef burger patties
Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steak Seasoning
- Diced onions
Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard
- Preheat your Napoleon Prestige P500RSIB-3 set up with a griddle. Set the burners below the griddle to medium and the burners on the opposite side on low heat.
- Combine the cheddar, mayonnaise and piquillos in a small bowl and mix well. Divide the filling amongst eight slices of bread. Top each one with the remaining slices of bread.
- Grease the griddle with vegetable oil. Cook the grilled cheese sandwiches on the griddle until nicely toasted on the surface and the cheese inside is melted.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a foil pan and place the pan on the opposite side of the grill.
- Season the beef patties with Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steak Seasoning.
- Place each patty on the grill and smash until the patty is wide enough to fill the grilled cheese buns. Once the patty is smashed, do not continue to apply force, just let it cook until a crust is formed. Then, flip the burgers and immediately add a slice of American cheese to each patty. Continue cooking until a crust is formed on the bottom of the patty. Remove from the grill.
- To build the burgers, first lay out one grilled cheese. Spread the top of the sandwich with Koslik’s Amazing Maple Mustard. Top the mustard with diced onion and Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles. Then add the burger patties, and finally a second grilled cheese.
- Serving Size
- 14.77 oz
- per serving
- 70 grams
- 32 grams
- 38 grams
- 1068 milligrams