Grilled Cheese Cheeseburgers
If you're someone who loves a good burger, but is always looking for ways to kick it up a notch, how about grilled cheese sandwiches for buns? Yeah, let's do this!
- 2 cups (8 oz) sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted piquillo peppers
- 16 slices sandwich bread
- 3/4 lb sliced bacon
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 1/3 lb beef burger patties
Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria Seasoning
Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup
- Preheat your grill, set up for direct grilling on one half, and with a griddle on the other. Set the burners below the griddle to medium-low, and the burners for direct grilling to medium-high.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle. Carefully soak up the excess grease with paper towels.
- Combine the cheddar, mayonnaise, and piquillos in a small bowl and mix well. Divide the filling amongst eight slices of bread. Top each one with the remaining slices of bread. Cook the grilled cheese sandwiches on the griddle.
- Season the patties with Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria Seasoning. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- Halve and pit the avocados. Slice and remove the flesh. Build the burgers: Place the avocado and bacon on top of one grilled cheese. Top with the burger and Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup and then a second grilled cheese. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
Not simply a slice of American between the bread, we're filling these grilled cheese buns with a creamy mixture of cheddar, mayo and piquillo peppers!
Can't forget the condiments and toppings. Avocado for added creaminess, bacon for smoke and crunch and, of course, Big Rick's Chipotle Ketchup!
- Serving Size
- 12.37 oz
- per serving
- 41 grams
- 37.5 grams
- 51 grams
- 1709.5 milligrams