Green Bean Casserole
Unlock delicious new depths of flavor with Chef Tom's Grill-to-Table Green Bean Casserole! Master a classic family favorite with tantalizing smoky and charred notes, taking it to a whole new level.
- 2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed 2” lengths
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
kosher salt, as needed
- 4 large shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup panko (coarse breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
For the topping:
- Prepare the topping: Pour vegetable oil in a Lodge Logic 7 quart dutch oven, about 2” deep. Heat to 350°F on a side burner. Toss the shallots in the flour and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Fry the shallots in a couple of batches, for about 1 minute, until crispy and golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove the shallots and place on paper towels; season with salt, to taste. Combine the fried shallots with the panko and 1/4 cup parmesan in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside. Discard the oil.
- Turn on your side burner to high heat. Cook green beans in boiling salted water in the dutch oven for 3-5 minutes, to desired degree of doneness; drain. Place in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Return the empty dutch oven to the side burner. Over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the mushrooms, onion and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Cook until the onions are translucent and mushrooms are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the wine and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the half and half and cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Fold the green beans into onion and mushroom sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Sprinkle the fried shallot topping mixture over the green beans and sauce.
- Preheat your gas grill to 400°F, set up for indirect grilling. Bake the green bean casserole until it’s bubbling and the topping is crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 9.22 oz
- per serving
- 24 grams
- 14 grams
- 17 grams
- 360 milligrams