Garlic Studded, Coffee Crusted Prime Rib
Prime rib is a family favorite and the perfect centerpiece for your holiday dinner. Wow your friends and family with this amazing prime rib recipe.
- Creekstone Farms Master Chef Choice rib roast (5 pounds)
Sweetwater Spice Ancho & Chipotle Brisket Bath
Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Seasoning
- 12-18 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup Reida Honey Farm Raw Wildflower Honey
- 2 tbsp beef base
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 275°F, set up for smoking (indirect heat).
- Trim excess fat and any silver skin from the outside of the rib roast. Working in a grid pattern, insert a paring knife from the top of the roast, straight down, stopping when you get to the center of the roast. Insert a clove of garlic in the pocket. Do this every few inches.
- Pour the Sweetwater Spice Ancho & Chipotle Brisket Bath over the roast and rub into the meat to cover all surfaces. Apply a liberal coat of Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Seasoning.
- Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 100°F. Check the temperature with an instant read thermometer. Remove the roast from the cooker and lay on a large sheet of foil. Melt the butter and whisk it together with the honey and beef base. Brush the glaze onto the roast, then tightly wrap the foil all the way around. Return to cooker.
- When the internal temperature reaches 115°F, remove the roast from the cooker and increase the temperature to 400°F. When the cooker comes up to temp remove the roast from the foil, reserving the juices collected inside, and place the roast on the grates, over the firebox. Turn occasionally to brown the outside of the roast evenly.
- When the internal temperature reaches 125°F remove the roast from the cooker. Cover it loosely with foil and rest 20 minutes before slicing. Once sliced, use the reserved liquid from the foil to dredge the slices in.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 11 grams
- 64 grams
- 110 grams
- 3419 milligrams