Chef Tom cooks up some classic fried chicken in our favorite Lodge dutch oven. This recipe is sure to be a hit whenever you make it.
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Satisfy your cravings for a classic dish with our easy-to-follow recipe from Chef Tom. The Lodge Dutch Oven is the perfect tool to make delicious fried chicken that your family will love! Let the passionate chef make your mouth water with this delectable treat.
- Break the chicken down into pieces. Mix the Kosmo’s Q Chicken Soak with the water. Place the chicken pieces and Chicken Soak in a small Briner Bucket. Soak overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bucket. Rinse out the bucket. Return the chicken to the bucket. Cover with buttermilk. Let soak 4 hours.
- Mix the flour, Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning, Kosmo's Q Dirty Bird Competition BBQ Rub, celery seed and salt in a bowl. Remove a piece of chicken from the buttermilk. Place directly into the flour dredge mixture. Shake off the excess flour. Place on a wire cooling rack over a sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining pieces. Let rest about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, fill a Lodge Logic 7 quart dutch oven half full with vegetable/canola oil. Preheat the oil over a side burner to 325°F.
- Fry the chicken pieces in batches in the oil, maintaining the oil temperature at about 300°F. Don’t overcrowd the dutch oven. When the outside is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F, remove the chicken from the oil and place on a clean wire cooling rack over a sheet pan.
- Serving Size
- 6.91 oz
- per serving
- 80 grams
- 41 grams
- 54 grams
- 4059 milligrams