Elevate your potato side dish with Chef Tom's Fondant Potatoes recipe, cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill!
2 tbsp Colonial Chile Infused Oil
- 3 lb russet potatoes, peeled, sliced 2”
Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 500ºF with the diffuser door (or entire diffuser) removed. Place a Finex 12” Cast Iron Skillet over direct flame to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Spray your peeled potato cylinder with duck fat. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Warm the Colonial Chile Infused Oil in the preheated skillet. Add the potatoes to the skillet, cut side down. Cook to sear, about 10 minutes, rotating as needed to brown evenly.
- Flip the potatoes. Add the butter, garlic and herbs. Cook for a few minutes until the butter foams.
- Add the chicken stock. Cover with a lid. Move the skillet to indirect heat (the far right side of the grill). Turn temperature down to 400ºF.
Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a toothpick, about 45 minutes.
- Season the potatoes with Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste. Serve topped with sauce from the pan.
You might also enjoy: Twice Baked Potato
- Serving Size
- 10.07 oz
- per serving
- 38 grams
- 4 grams
- 19 grams
- 419 milligrams