Foil Boat Brisket
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill and smokes a whole Creekstone Farms prime brisket using the foil boat method. Juicy braised brisket with a smoky, crunchy bark... is the Foil Boat Brisket the best of both worlds?!
1 Creekstone Farms Whole Packer Prime Brisket
3/4 cup beef tallow, divided
1 tbsp R Butts R Smokin’ R Steak Rub, finely ground
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust AP Seasoning
- Trim the fat cap and remove completely from the point. Leave 1/4” fat cap on the flat. Trim any large chunks of hard fat from the surface of the brisket.
- Combine 3/4 cup melted beef tallow and one tablespoon R Butts R Smokin’ R Steak Rub in a small jar and shake well. Inject the seasoned tallow into the flat.
- Rub excess tallow on the surface of the brisket. Season generously with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust AP Seasoning.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 260ºF.
- Place the brisket on the second shelf, flat side up and smoke until dark bark is formed on the surface and the internal temperature reaches roughly 165ºF, about 7 hours.
- Lay out one large sheet foil. Fold the foil over to double. Place the brisket on the foil (flat side down) and form a foil boat around the bottom of the brisket, leaving the top of the brisket exposed, but enough foil around the sides to hold any liquid that escapes the brisket.
Return to the smoker and cook until the brisket is probe tender and roughly 203ºF, about 11 hours total.
- Place the brisket in a cooler or hot box and rest 2 hours before slicing.
You might also enjoy: Beef Tallow Smoked Brisket
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 0 grams
- 159.8 grams
- 221.1 grams
- 508 milligrams