Chef Tom cooks up some Chicken Lollipops for your Independence Day gathering. These have a bit of a kick courtesy of Grinder’s Death Nectar Hot Sauce.
Firecracker Chicken Lollipops
Learn how to tantalize your taste buds with Chef Tom's delicious Chicken Lollipops, kissed with Grinder's Death Nectar Hot Sauce for an unforgettable kick! Impress your friends with your newfound grilling skills!
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
6 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup House of Q Rock'n Red BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Grinder’s Death Nectar Hot Sauce (optional)
For the rub:
For the glaze:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 325°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- To prepare the chicken lollipops, lay the drumstick on it’s side. Slice off a sliver of the cartilage and meat at the fat end, to allow the drumstick to stand upright. Next, where the meat meets the bone, cut down through the meat and cartilage down to the bone, all the way around the bone. Push the meat down to the fat end, and pull the skin and cartilage up to the skinny end, and remove from the bone.
- Combine the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning and brown sugar. Season all meat surfaces of the chicken lollipop. Place on the main cooking grate and grill until the internal temperature reaches 155°F-160°F.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small skillet or sauce pan. For more heat, add the optional Grinder’s Death Nectar Hot Sauce. Start with a very small amount. It is VERY hot! Place on the glaze on the grill to warm.
- When the chicken reaches 155°F-160°F, dip the chicken in the glaze, covering all the meat, then return to the grill. Repeat this with all lollipops. Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and the glaze has tacked up. Remove and serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 25 grams
- 17 grams
- 7 grams
- 669 milligrams