Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for an Easy Thanksgiving Turkey! Make the most of your holiday with this quick and easy recipe, that's sure to impress!
Easy Thanksgiving Turkey
Chef Tom's recipe will make Thanksgiving easy! Enjoy a delicious, juicy turkey with minimal effort! Impress your guests with a tasty and effortless meal that will leave them wanting more!
- 15 lb turkey
- 1 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs sage
- 1 head garlic, cloves crushed & peeled, divided
- 8 cups yellow onion, cut into 1/8s
- 4 cups carrots, large dice
- 4 cups celery, large dice
- 3-4 cups chicken/turkey/vegetable stock
ATBBQ Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Kit
Get the kit for this recipe
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up for indirect grilling, with the second shelf removed.
- Slide your fingers under the skin of the turkey to release skin from turkey meat, but be careful not to tear or remove the skin.
- Combine the butter and Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine and heat to melt. Load the mixture into a pistol grip injector. Inject the turkey all over, in the breasts, thighs and legs. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the butter mixture.
- Season the turkey under skin and inside the cavity with the Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning. Truss legs. Tuck wings. Season over skin on roasting rack. Stuff the cavity with the lemon, orange, thyme, rosemary, sage and a few cloves of crushed garlic.
- Tie the legs of the turkey together and season the skin with the Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning.
- Place the remaining veggies (onion, carrot, celery and remaining garlic) on a sheet pan. Place a roasting rack on top and lay the turkey on the roasting rack. Place the pan on the main cooking grate. Add 2-3 cups chicken stock. You can add more stock to the pan during the cook as needed.
- Cook for 1 hour then turn the pan to brown/cook evenly. Cook for another hour then turn again as needed for even browning. Keep cooking until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF in deepest part of breasts. Remove from the grill. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Strain the veggies from the liquid in the pan. Save the drippings for making turkey gravy. Enjoy the veggies as a snack!
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 6.32 grams
- 1.6 grams
- 3 grams
- 34 grams
- 12.3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 362 milligrams