Mashed potatoes reimagined… in the most delicious way! These Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes with Pancetta Gravy feature baby potatoes, roasted on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill, smashed and smothered in a rich gravy with cured Italian pork!
Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes with Pancetta Gravy
Delight your taste-buds with this recipe for Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes and Pancetta Gravy! Enjoy grilled baby potatoes, smashed and smothered in a Pancetta gravy made with cured Italian pork for a truly flavorful experience.
- 3 lb baby red potatoes
1/4 cup Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
1 1/2 tsp Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, sliced into pats
- 4 oz pancetta, small dice
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the potatoes:
For the pancetta gravy:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
Combine the potatoes and Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat in a bowl. Toss the potatoes to coat. Season with the Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub. Transfer to a Lodge 12" Cast Iron Skillet. Place a lid on the skillet and transfer to the second shelf of the grill.
- Cook the potatoes until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Remove from the grill. Transfer the cooked potatoes to a bowl or foil pan. Add the butter and cover.
- Meanwhile, return the skillet (used to cook the potatoes) to the heat (on the stove or in the grill). Add the pancetta and shallots. Cook until the fat has rendered out of the pancetta and the onions and pancetta begin to brown.
- Add the flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about one minute. The flour should be slightly darker in color, but not browned.
- Add the thyme and rosemary. Stir in the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
- Turn the heat off (or remove from the grill) and stir in the heavy cream.
- Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes and butter until broken up, but not fully mashed. Serve the Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes topped with the Pancetta Gravy.
- Serving Size
- 12.69 oz
- per serving
- 42 grams
- 12 grams
- 22 grams
- 483 milligrams