Chef Britt continues her side series where she shows you her take on corn spoonbread with tasty add-ins such as wild rice, bacon and hatch chiles!
Corn & Wild Rice Spoonbread
Learn how to make Chef Britt's corn and wild rice spoonbread, featuring flavorful additions such as bacon and hatch chiles.
- 1/3 cup Wild Rice
- 1 cup Water
- 4 oz Bacon, cooked, diced
- 1 small Shallot, minced
- 2 Eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 can Creamed Corn
3/4 cup 505 Hatch Chiles
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Preheat your YS640s to 325°F.
- Prepare the wild rice. First, you will rinse 1/3 cup wild rice with hot water 3 times, then combine with one cup of water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer, and cover. Cook for 30 minutes, or until tender, with the husk being "al dente." Drain excess water (if any) and allow rice to cool.
- Cook bacon until crispy and chop into bits. Mince shallot. Reserve bacon and shallot alongside the rice.
Beat eggs, and whisk together with creamed corn, 505 hatch chiles, and sour cream.
- Whisk in cornbread mix into the wet mixture. Finish by adding cooked wild rice, chopped bacon bits, and minced shallot.
- Place mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until the edges have slightly risen and the center has a tight jiggle.
- Cool slightly to set before serving.
- Serving Size
- 7.09 oz
- per serving
- 35 grams
- 13 grams
- 18 grams
- 788 milligrams