Chef Tom's grilled Prime Rib is a mouth-watering, succulent dish that will delight your taste buds. Perfectly marinated and grilled to perfection, this recipe is sure to make every meal a special occasion.
Chef Tom's recipe for Prime Rib from the grill is the perfect way to please your guests and have an unforgettable culinary experience. This time-tested recipe provides the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
- 1 whole boneless prime rib roast (about 13 lb)
1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- Preheat your grill/smoker 250°F, set up for indirect grilling/smoking.
- Trim the fat cap, silver skin and chain (if desired) from the roast.
- Mix together the rub ingredients. Rub a thin layer of vegetable oil all over the surface of the roast. Season all surfaces of the rub. Let the rub set up for 5-10 minutes.
- Smoke the prime rib roast until the internal temperature reaches 110°F, about 3 hours. Remove the roast. Place in a large pan and cover loosely with foil. Turn the grill up to 425°F.
- When the grill comes up to temperature, return the grill to the cooker and grill over direct heat. Grill on both sides to achieve nice grill marks. Remove the roast when the internal temperature reaches 120°F-125°F. Place in a large pan. Cover loosely with foil and rest 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 2 grams
- 184 grams
- 72 grams
- 2741 milligrams