Chef Tom uses the Kamado Joe Charcoal Ceramic Grill to bring out the best in his recipe for Citrus Herb Crusted Pork Roast. Brined and loaded with bright citrus flavors, it's coated in a delicious garlic and herb paste to give it a smoky and flavorful finish. Try the deliciousness!
Citrus Herb Crusted Pork Roast
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
3 hours 30 minutes
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Charcoal Ceramic Grill for Citrus Herb Crusted Pork Roast! This brined, boneless Boston Butt pork roast is packed full of bright citrus flavors and crusted in a garlic and herb paste that soaks up the smoke!
Creekstone Farms Duroc Pork Boston Butt, deboned, butterflied
- 1 bottle Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath
- 1/2 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
Citrus Herb Garlic Crust:
- Combine the Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath concentrate with 1 gallon of water and 1/2 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt in an 8 quart Briner Bucket. Whisk well.
- Place your deboned pork butt in the brine bath. Lock the plate in place to keep the pork submerged. Brine in the refrigerator overnight.
- Set up your Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for indirect grilling/smoking. Build a hot bed of coals and stabilize the grill at 400ºF.
- Remove the pork from the brine. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the ingredients for the Citrus Herb Garlic Crust in a food processor. Blitz until broken down into a paste.
- Slather all surfaces of the pork with the paste. Fold the butterflied roast back together into its original form. Truss with kitchen twine, so the roast can hold its shape. Touch up the paste to make sure you have good coverage.
- Before transferring the pork roast to the grill, first place a large chunk of smoking wood on the coal bed, to add smoke while roasting.
- Place the roast on the cooking grates, set to their highest setting. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 180ºF, about 3.5 hours.
- Remove from the grill and rest, covered, at least one hour.
- Remove the twine from the roast and slice to desired thickness.
- Serving Size
- 4.42 oz
- per serving
- 2.3 grams
- 80.4 grams
- 60.3 grams
- 583 milligrams