Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos
Summer is the perfect time for grilled fresh fish tacos, which is exactly why Chef Tom is firing up the Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 gas grill for these Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos. Fresh, bright and juicy with just a touch of char from the grill!
- 12 oz Halibut or Cod fillets
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, flesh only, sliced
Greenade Green Chile Sauce, for serving
Colonial Chile Infused Oil, as needed
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp Colonial Chile Infused Oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz red cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 oz broccoli stalk, grated
- 3/4 cup yogurt dressing
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
For the chipotle lime dressing:
For the slaw:
- To make the chipotle lime dressing, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Place the fish in a baking dish or food storage container. Pour 1/4 cup of the yogurt dressing over the fish and toss to coat. Place the container in the refrigerator and marinate for one hour.
- To make the slaw, combine the cabbage and grated broccoli stalk with the 1/4 cup chipotle lime dressing, cilantro, lime juice and honey. Toss to coat. Taste and season with Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste. Transfer to the refrigerator until serving.
- Preheat your Napoleon Prestige 500 Gas Grill to 400ºF, set up with a Napoleon Cast Iron Griddle positioned over the fire box.
- Remove the fish from the dressing/marinade. Wipe off excess marinade. Lightly season the filets with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil on the griddle. Place the fillets on the oil. Cook until seared, then flip. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
- Remove the halibut from the griddle and cover to keep warm. Warm the tortillas on the grill.
- To build the Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos, flake the halibut and divide amongst the tortillas. Add to each tortilla a slice of avocado, a drizzle of Greenade Green Chile Sauce and a portion of the slaw. Top with the chipotle lime dressing.
Recipe adapted from Homesick Texan
- Serving Size
- 16.07 oz
- per serving
- 33 grams
- 219 grams
- 37 grams
- 936 milligrams