Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels
Chicken Parmesan is a lot of folks favorite Italian dish. This recipe combines Chicken Parmesan with pizza (who doesn't love pizza?!) and transforms them into a party perfect pinwheel of finger food excellence!
- 1 (13.8 oz) tube pre-made pizza dough
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- Mama Capri Fire Roasted Tomato & Shitake Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fine grated
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400°F, set up with GrillGrates for indirect grilling. Season the breast with Cattleman's Grill Italiano Seasoning. Grill on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove and rest 5 minutes. Dice.
- Unroll the rectangle of pizza dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out slightly, to roughly 9” x 13”. Cover the dough with a layer of Mama Capri Fire Roasted Tomato & Shitake Mushroom Pasta Sauce, except for a horizontal strip on the very end furthest from you. Top with the diced chicken, mozzarella, basil and half of the parmesan. Shake on some Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- Brush a thin layer of water on the strip of exposed dough on the far side. Begin rolling into a spiral log, starting at the edge closest to you, working toward the exposed strip of dough. Roll all the way to the end and place the seam on the bottom. Place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm up (you can skip this step, but your cuts will be a bit more messy).
Remove from the freezer. Slice the log into 1” wide pinwheels. You should get 10-12 total. Place the pinwheels in an oiled Lodge Logic 12” cast iron skillet. Top with the remaining parmesan, and more of the Cattleman’s Italiano. Bake on the second shelf until the dough is cooked through and the bottoms begin to brown, about 20-30 minutes. Serve with the Mama Capri tomato sauce for dipping.
Irresistible Italiano! A staff favorite from Cattleman’s Grill.
If you’re not going to make your own red sauce from scratch, Mama Capri has a perfect replacement. Seriously delicious!
Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’.
It’s no accident that you see cast iron so often on this blog. In this case, it’s the perfect way to get evenly crisped dough on the bottom of your pinwheels!
- Serving Size
- 11.37 oz
- per serving
- 87.4 grams
- 63.7 grams
- 36.2 grams
- 2494 milligrams