Chef Britt shows you how to take your cranberry sauce to the next level with this Charred Cranberry Mostarda! This simple recipe pairs well with turkey, chicken, or pork!
Charred Cranberry Mostarda
Bring your holiday spread to life with Chef Britt's Charred Cranberry Mostarda! This delectable condiment is sure to be the talk of the table and pairs perfectly with your favorite poultry or pork dishes. Surprise your family and friends with a unique and flavorful sauce that takes your holiday recipe to the next level!
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (or ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice)
- 1/2 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 orange, juiced
1/2 Tablespoon Grannie’s Horseradish Mustard
- Over a high heat flame, char the cranberries until the skins begin to blacken and burst open. You can do this with either a torch over a sheet pan or in a fry basket over high flame on a grill.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients with the charred cranberries in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook down until the cranberries are softened and burst open easily. This won’t take longer than ten minutes. Serve warm or cooled. This also makes a great condiment for leftover turkey sandwiches.
- Serving Size
- 2.63 oz
- per serving
- 11 grams
- 0 grams
- 0 grams
- 199 milligrams