Carne Asada is a classic dish that cooks quickly. Serve with a scratch made Chimichurri sauce that gives you a great rich flavor.
Carne Asada with Chimichurri
Discover the incredible flavor of Carne Asada with Chimichurri! Our recipe takes only minutes to prepare and brings out the savory, rich taste of the Asada with a homemade Chimichurri sauce.
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
- 4 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2/3 cup high quality EVOO
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 skirt or flank steak
Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Bath
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada
- Place all the Chimichurri sauce ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Submerge steak in Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles bath. Let sit one hour for every pound of meat. Preheat cooker to 475°F. Grill about 2 to 3 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 125°F. Let rest ten minutes. Slice thin. Serve with hatch chimichurri sauce on the side.
- Serving Size
- 19.07 oz
- per serving
- 29 grams
- 72 grams
- 90 grams
- 2042 milligrams