This summer, let our Campfire Queso be your seasoned sidekick! Skip the fuss and make an amazing cheese dip with our easy recipe - all you need is a brisket and beef blend, chorizo, Velveeta, and a few ingredients from your pantry. It's a smokey, flavorful feast, perfect for any lake-side BBQ!
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp Sodium Citrate (optional)
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz Creekstone Farms Brisket Blend Ground Beef
- 8 oz Mexican Chorizo
- 1 lb Velveeta Queso Blanco, cubed
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
1 cup Holme’s Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- Fresh cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Queso Fresco, crumbled, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Light a chimney of lump. Dump in fire pit.
- Place jalapeños in the coal to blacken the surface. Steam in a deli container.
- Place the half and half in a finex 1 quart pot. Place the pot in the coals. Heat the milk until steaming, then whisk in the sodium citrate. Whisk to dissolve.
- Place two large splits of wood on either side of the charcoal, close enough that a dutch oven will balance on top, but far enough away to allow for airflow to the charcoal. Rake the charcoal as needed to accommodate.
- Place a Finex dutch oven on the logs directly over the charcoal.
- Place the chorizo and ground beef in the dutch oven. Cook until browned, cooked through and fat is rendered. When the meat is fully cooked, strain and reserve the fat.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of the fat back to the dutch oven. Add the onions and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent.
- While the onions cook, peel the blackened skin from the jalapeños and dice the flesh of the peppers.
- Pour the half and half into the dutch oven and stir. Add the velveeta and cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Add the pepper jack and cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Add the salsa, diced jalapeños and cooked chorizo and beef. Place a lid on the dutch oven and cook until warmed through, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, topped with cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
- Serving Size
- 8 oz
- per serving
- 35 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 20 grams
- 120 milligrams
- 2009 milligrams
- 16 grams
- 1 grams
- 7 grams
- 32 grams