These Cajun Shrimp Tacos have just the right amount of heat to keep you coming back for more! Try this great recipe to add a little zest to your shrimp tacos!
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
Enjoy the perfect balance of flavor and heat with our Cajun Shrimp Tacos! Our easy-to-follow recipe brings a zesty twist to your favorite taco dish. Spice up taco night with these deliciously fiery tacos and let the good vibes flow!
- 10 oz Shrimp, cleaned, no tails
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija or Queso Fresco
Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 tbsp horseradish cream
2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend
- 1 tomato - Choose your favorite. We used store bought heirlooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic, small
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- juice of 1/2 lime
salt, to taste
- Core and thinly slice cabbage. Rinse, drain and place in large bowl, along with the shredded carrots. Sprinkle sugar, salt and Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend over cabbage. Toss and let sit.
- Combine horseradish cream, Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over cabbage mixture. Toss to coat.
- Small dice tomatoes, red onion and pineapple. Mince Garlic. Chop Cilantro. Combine in a bowl.
- Juice the lime. Add to bowl, with other ingredients. Sprinkle salt, to taste. Allow to rest, for flavors to meld.
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- Apply generous coating of the rub to the shrimp and allow to rest, at least 20 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 (or other grill) to 325°F. Place the shrimp on a FrogMat on the grill. Grill to an internal temperature of 145°F (check the temperature using an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-75). Corn tortillas can be heated on the grill.
- Assemble tacos to taste. Garnish with Cotija or Queso Fresco and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size
- 12.51 oz
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 69 grams
- 10 grams
- 2768 milligrams