One of the things I love about cooking on Yoder Smokers pellet grills is the versatility of foods that they allow me to prepare. I’m not limited to just smoking pork butts, or only grilling steaks. These cookers have the range and consistency to do it all! It’s that temperature consistency that makes even baking a cinch. Whether it’s dump cake out of a box, made-from-scratch pound cake, or cheesecake bars, I can count on the smoker doing the job as well as or better than the oven inside the house.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butterscotch Glaze
Indulge yourself with this mouth-watering Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butterscotch Glaze. Delicious bourbon butterscotch flavors make this the perfect sweet treat to savor with family and friends.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 8 oz chocolate toffee bits
- chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp bourbon
For the Bourbon Butterscotch:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars on medium/high speed until the color lightens and the mixture appears fluffy. Add one egg at a time, letting it mix in completely before adding the next. When all eggs are incorporated, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula and mix to incorporate.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk to break up any clumps. With the mixer on low, add the dry mixture in three parts and the milk in two, alternating between the two (dry, milk, dry, milk, dry). Mix until just combined. Stir in toffee bits.
- Transfer the batter to a greased 2 quart/10” diameter bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, about an hour and fifteen to an hour and twenty minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and let cool.
- To make the butterscotch, bring the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt to a boil in a Lodge Logic 10” Cast Iron Skillet, whisking to dissolve sugar. Boil until for about 3 minutes until syrupy and slightly reduced. Remove from heat, add cream and bourbon and stir until smooth. Return to heat source, over low heat. Hold warm until the cake has cooled, then pour over the cake.
- Serving Size
- 6.04 oz
- per serving
- 78 grams
- 5 grams
- 33 grams
- 605 milligrams