Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to bake off his Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, featuring an unexpected special ingredient!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sea salt kettle potato chips, crumbled
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 350ºF set up for indirect grilling.
Over medium low heat, in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet, melt the butter, stirring frequently and taking care not to scorch the solids. When the butter turns a golden brown color, immediately remove it from the skillet and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the brown butter and sugars in the bowl of a 5 Quart Stand Mixer. Beat the sugar and butter with the paddle attachment just until it starts to lighten in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, while mixing at a medium speed, then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to incorporate. Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until the dries are incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients and repeat.
Add all the chocolate as well as the crushed kettle chips and mix just until evenly distributed.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup potions onto two parchment lined sheet pans. Evenly space six cookies per pan.
- Bake just until the edges start to brown and the tops are no longer glossy, about 15 minutes.
You might also enjoy: Strawberry Shortcake Cobbler
- Serving Size
- 4.12 oz
- per serving
- 32 grams
- 3 grams
- 14 grams
- 240 milligrams