Start your day with a delicious breakfast pizza! This scratch-made dough and fresh sauce made from San Marzano tomatoes, garlic and basil make the perfect base for a cheese and bacon pizza topped with eggs.
Start your day with a delicious twist on breakfast - a flavorful breakfast pizza! Made with fresh eggs, bacon and mozzarella, plus scratch-made dough and San Marzano tomatoes, garlic and basil to make the perfect sauce.
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella
- 8 oz bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3-4 eggs
500 g Antimo Caputo “00” Pizza Flour
- 325 g water, about 110°F
10 g salt
5 g dry active yeast
1 (28 oz) can Ciao DOP Certified San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp salt
- Place a pizza stone in your Yoder Smokers YS640 and preheat to 500°F. Stretch your pizza to about 10” in diameter on a flour or cornmeal dusted pizza peel. Evenly spread a thin layer of pizza sauce across the dough. Sprinkle the bacon over the sauce. Tear slices of fresh mozzarella and place evenly around the surface. Crack 3-4 eggs on top of the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone in the cooker. Bake until the bottom is lightly browned and crust is cooked through. Egg whites should be set by this time. Remove from the cooker, break the yolks, slice and serve hot.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Mix on medium-low until flour is incorporated. Once all ingredients are incorporated and a ball is formed mix 8 minutes. Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into three portions. Roll each third into a ball, place in an oiled container. Cover. Refrigerate at least half an hour before use.
Combine ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
- Serving Size
- 21.11 oz
- per serving
- 117 grams
- 50 grams
- 36 grams
- 5531 milligrams