Chef Britt fires the coals on the Kamado Joe Classic II to bring you one of her favorite summer staples: BBQ Shrimp Salad! This recipe is incredibly simple and lets the bounty of summer shine with grilled corn, honey BBQ shrimp, and all the veggies!
BBQ Shrimp Salad
Savor summer's bounty with Chef Britt's recipe for BBQ Shrimp Salad! Fire up the Kamado Joe and delight your tastebuds with grilled corn, honey BBQ shrimp, and fresh garden veggies! Enjoy the fresh flavors of summer in one delicious dish!
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 cobs Corn, peeled
Saica Extra Virgil Olive Oil, as needed
R Butts R Smokin Honey Chipotle Rub, as needed
- 2/3 cup your favorite Ranch Dressing
1/3 cup Plowboys Tarheel Tang, or other BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 1 Lime, cut into quarters
- 4-6 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 small bunch of basil, chiffonade
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
- Prepare your Kamado Joe Classic II or other grill of choice for high heat, direct grilling.
- For the shrimp and corn:Peel and devein the shrimp, then skewer onto double-pronged skewers. For the corn, brush on some extra virgin olive oil to the exterior. (Olive oil may be used on the shrimp, if it's lacking its own natural surface moisture.)
- Generously season the corn and shrimp with R Butts R Smokin' Honey Chipotle Rub. Allow seasoning to set for 10-15 minutes before grilling over direct, high heat.
- Grill the corn and shrimp over direct heat, only a few minutes per side for the shrimp or until cooked through and opaque through the center. Corn just needs to be heated through, with some char marks present.
For the BBQ Ranch dressing:
Simply whisk together ranch dressing and BBQ sauce of your choice. Taste and adjust ratio as necessary. You can also add fresh cracked pepper or freshly-chopped chives for an added flavor boost.
- Prepare all of your vegetables: shred the iceberg lettuce, halve the cherry tomatoes, dice the red onion, dice the avocado, chiffonade the basil, slice the radishes, and quarter the lime into wedges.
- Remove kernels from the grilled corn by slicing along the length of the cob.
- Assemble all the vegetables together, and add the dressing to taste. (This recipe makes extra dressing, so don't add all of it to the mix, or you'll be eating soggy salad.)
- Top with grilled shrimp and enjoy immediately.
- Serving Size
- 22.1 oz
- per serving
- 51 grams
- 33 grams
- 17 grams
- 880 milligrams