BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos
Chef Tom brings together two of our favorite foods for these BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos, smoked on the Yoder Smokers pellet grill!
- One (7 lb) Boston Butt Pork Shoulder
Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath Brine Concentration
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce
- Flour tortillas
Kansas Flavor Bread & Butter Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 head red cabbage, cored, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce
2 tbsp American Stockyard Smoky Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Finishing Salt
For the Pineapple Slaw:
- Trim the fat cap and connective tissue from the surface of the pork butt. Divide the butt in half, following the crease in the center of the butt that follows the blade bone.
Place both halves of the pork butt in an 8 Quart Briner Bucket. Add to the bucket one bottle of Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath Brine Concentration and two bottles worth (1 quart) of water. Mix the ingredients around with your hand. Lock the Briner Bucket’s plate in place to keep the pork submerged. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 250°F, set up for smoking.
Remove the pork from the bucket. Place in a foil pan. Dab the excess liquid from the surface of the pork with paper towels. Season the pork with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning.
- Smoke the pork on the second shelf of the grill until a mahogany bark is formed on the surface and the internal temperature has passed 155°F, about 4 hours. Remove from the grill.
- Place each of the pork butt halves on sheets of foil. Divide the 1/2 cup of beer between the two halves. Pour over the pork and wrap tightly in the foil. Return the foil wrapped pork to the grill.
Continue cooking the pork until the blade bone easily slides out of the muscle, and the pork is tender enough to shred. The internal temperature will be in the 205°F-210°F range. Remove the foil packages from the grill.
Shred the pork. Add Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce to the shredded pork, to taste.
Serve the pork on grilled flour tortillas, topped with the pineapple slaw and Kansas Flavor Bread & Butter Pickled Jalapeños.
You might also enjoy: Brisket Tacos with Smoked Salsa
- Serving Size
- 8.58 oz
- per serving
- 20.8 grams
- 43.9 grams
- 31.6 grams
- 1833 milligrams