Chef Tom utilizes leftover brisket, smoked turkey and sausage for a Barbecue Lasagna, cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill.
Chef Tom's Barbecue Lasagna recipe is prepared with the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill. Made with smoked turkey, sausage and leftover brisket, this dish is sure to satisfy any barbecue lover.
- 12 oz leftover brisket, chopped
- 12 oz leftover smoked sausage, chopped
- 12 oz leftover smoked turkey, chopped
- 12 oz oven ready lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 lb (4 cups) ricotta
- 2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold
- 12 slices low-moisture mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone
Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, fine grated
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs and 2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Spray a half sized foil pan with pan spray, then spread a thin layer of Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce. Lay out sheets of oven ready lasagna to cover the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mix over the pasta. Top with one of the 3 barbecue meats. Drizzle Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce over the meat, then top with 6 slices of cheese.
- Repeat this process two more times, with the remaining meats, alternating sliced cheeses.
- After the final layer of meat and cheese, top with pasta once more. Spread the final 1/4 of ricotta on top of the pasta. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Top with the Pecorino Romano cheese. Cover with a foil lid.
- Transfer the pan to the grill. Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Continue cooking until the top is browned and internal temperature reaches 165ºF, about 1 more hour.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve.
- Serving Size
- 9.06 oz
- per serving
- 28 grams
- 58 grams
- 52 grams
- 1724 milligrams