Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hot Dogs
Chef Tom takes a classic Mexican street food and puts a twist on it by using a quesadilla as a bun for our bacon wrapped Creekstone Farms Uncured Pork Franks. Topped with chipotle mayo, avocado, cotija cheese and some jalapeños.
- 4 Creekstone Farms Uncured Pork Franks
- 4 slices classic cut bacon
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese
Kansas Flavor Bread & Butter Jalapeño Pickles
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 oz cotija cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- the sauce from 1 can of chipotles in adobo
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 350°F. Wrap each hot dog with one slice of bacon. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon to each end of the hot dog.
- Assemble the quesadillas. Divide the pepper jack between four tortillas and top with the other four tortillas.
- Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on the main grate. Turn the dogs occasionally to brown evenly. While the dogs cook, whisk together the mayonnaise and adobo sauce.
- When the bacon is nearly crisped, grill the quesadillas, directly on the grate. Flipping to lightly brown on both sides. Remove the quesadillas from the cooker. When the dogs reach and internal temperature of 160°F and the bacon is crisp, remove them from the cooker, as well.
- Remove the toothpicks from the hot dogs. Place a dog on top of each quesadilla. Top with the chipotle mayo, pickled jalapeños, cilantro and cotija cheese. Feel free to add any other toppings that your heart desires - onions, avocado, salsa, etc.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
- Serving Size
- 11.24 oz
- per serving
- 36 grams
- 38 grams
- 67 grams
- 2159 milligrams