Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for these easy, flavor packed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Poppers with Tequila BBQ Glaze!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Poppers with Tequila BBQ Glaze
Delight your guests with Chef Tom's Bacon Wrapped Chicken Poppers with Tequila BBQ Glaze, slow cooked to perfection with Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill! Enjoy the smoky, succulent flavor and let your taste buds dance.
- 10 chicken tenders
Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz smoked cheddar, grated
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
2 tbsp Heat Mavericks Jalapeño Vice
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 4 Anaheim peppers
- 4 poblano peppers
- 8-10 slices classic cut bacon
- 1/3 cup Una Vida Reposado Tequila
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
For the Tequila BBQ Glaze:
- Place the chicken tenders in a small Briner Bucket. Add equal parts Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath and water. Soak for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 425°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, pepper jack, Heat Mavericks Jalapeño Vice and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Set your peppers flat on a sheet pan. Using a paring knife, slice a wedge out of the tops of the peppers to create a “boat” to hold the cheese and chicken fillings.
- Fill the peppers 3/4 full of the cream cheese filling. Top each with one chicken tender from the fajita bath. Season with a shake of Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning. Wrap one slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper and pin in place with toothpicks.
- Grill the peppers on the sheet pan over indirect heat until the internal temperature of the chicken tender reaches at least 160°F, and the bacon is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, make the Tequila BBQ Glaze. Combine the tequila, pineapple juice and Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce in a skillet and reduce the liquid down to a syrupy consistency over medium heat.
- Just before removing the stuffed peppers from the grill, brush with the Tequila BBQ Glaze.
- Serving Size
- 8.07 oz
- per serving
- 10 grams
- 66 grams
- 25 grams
- 875 milligrams