Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a delicious savory Bacon Cornbread with Black Pepper Honey!
Bacon Cornbread with Black Pepper Honey
Treat yourself to a taste of heaven with Chef Tom's savory Bacon Cornbread recipe with Black Pepper Honey, made on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill. Experience the smoky, sweet flavors that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more!
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 3/4 cups cornmeal, ground fine-medium
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 4 eggs, whole
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (1 14.75 oz can) creamed corn
1/4 cup Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter, melted
3 parts Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey
1 part Noble Saltworks Smoked Black Pepper
For the Black Pepper Honey:
- Preheat Your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 375°F.
- Cook the diced bacon in Finex 12” Cast Iron Skillet until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the bacon grease for later. Discard the rest and rinse the skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, creamed corn and honey. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and whisk. Add the melted butter and whisk to incorporate. Fold in the cooked bacon.
- Grease a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet with the reserved bacon grease. Pour the cornbread batter into the skillet and smooth out.
- Bake until center is set and cornbread comes away from the sides of the skillet, about 45 minutes. Remove from the grill. Allow to cool, slice and serve topped with the Black Pepper Honey.
- To make the Black Pepper Honey, combine ingredients and mix well.
- Serving Size
- 6.36 oz
- per serving
- 42 grams
- 20 grams
- 40 grams
- 1163 milligrams