Apple Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin
You know what we love about stuffed pork loin? The possibilities are endless! Now, while this particular stuffed loin may seem best suited for cooler weather, I promise no one will be disappointed to eat an apple and sausage stuffed pork loin anytime of the year!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 350°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- Trim the fat cap and silver skin from the pork loin. Slice down intro the loin, lengthwise, about one-inch. Turn the knife and continue to slice, following the curve of the loin until you have one big flat one inch thick piece of butterflied pork loin.
- Melt the butter in a Lodge 12” cast iron skillet. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until onions are softened. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Add the diced apples and cook another two minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the cream cheese until melted. Stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Season both sides of the butterflied pork with Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning. Lay the pork on a FrogMat. Spread the filling over the inside of the pork. Roll the pork around the filling. Roll the FrogMat around the roast. Tie a piece of butcher’s twine around the whole thing to hold it together.
- Transfer the roast to the second shelf of the smoker. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Rest for about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Serving Size
- 8.36 oz
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 27 grams
- 33 grams
- 897 milligrams