Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Pellet Joe for a side dish that no Thanksgiving would be complete without, it's Apple Cranberry Sausage Stuffing.
Apple Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
Chef Tom's Apple Cranberry Sausage Stuffing is the perfect complete Thanksgiving side dish! Infused with sweet apples and tart cranberries, this deliciously zesty stuffing will elevate any holiday meal. Add this recipe to your holiday table for an unforgettable that your guests won't be able to resist!
- 2 lb french bread, cubed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lb country pork sausage
- 2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, small dice
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 quart turkey/chicken stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sweet apple, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- To make the stuffing, set your Kamado Joe Pellet Joe grill to 250°F. Place the cubed bread in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Cook until mostly dried out, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Increase the grill temperature to 500°F. Place the empty Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet on the grill to preheat.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the sausage and brown, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and celery. Season with about one tablespoon Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and translucent. Add the cranberries, garlic and sage and cook another minute, stirring. Add the wine to deglaze. Cook until the wine is almost completely reduced down.
- Remove the skillet from the grill and turn the grill temperature down to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl or foil pan, combine the dried bread, diced apples and sausage mixture. Mix well. Add half of the chicken stock to the stuffing. Whisk the eggs into the other half of the chicken stock and add that mixture to the stuffing as well. Mix until the bread is completely moistened.
- Transfer the mixture to a Lodge 12” cast iron skillet.
Bake the stuffing at 375°F until a light crust is formed on top, about 1 hour.
- Serving Size
- 10.35 oz
- per serving
- 53 grams
- 20 grams
- 17 grams
- 1209 milligrams