Chef Britt shares another Keto-friendly recipe: Stuffed Poblano Peppers! A spicy and meaty mixture gets stuffed in poblano peppers, baked on the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill, and finished with a cooling sour cream sauce! Check it out!
Keto Stuffed Poblanos
Yields 6 servings
- 3 Large Poblanos
- 1 # ground turkey (you can substitute ground chicken, beef, or pork, if preferred)
- ⅛ cup Cattleman’s Grill 8-second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 cup diced zucchini (you can also substitute any keto-friendly vegetable such as mushroom, kale, carrot, sweet potato, etc)
- 8 oz quesadilla cheese
- ⅓ cup 808 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup cilantro, rough chop
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Prepare your Yoder Smokers YS640s pellet grill by removing the door to the 2-piece diffuser plate. If you are working with a single-piece diffuser, remove the entire diffuser. Also remove the top shelf for ease-of-access, as you will use the cast iron over the firebox. Set the temperature to 400℉ so pellets are constantly feeding into the firebox.
- Place the ground turkey and Cattleman’s Grill Carne Asada Seasoning into your 12-inch Lodge cast iron skillet over the firebox and preheat your skillet. Brown the meat and break up so no large chunks of meat clump together.
- Remove the cooked turkey with a slotted spoon to cool separately.
- Add the diced zucchini to the skillet and brown or cook until slightly softened. Remove and add to meat mixture to cool.
- Replace the door to the diffuser, set up for indirect cooking, and set the temperature to 350℉.
- To mix the filling, add 1 cup of quesadilla cheese and ⅓ cup 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile to the cooked meat and vegetables.
- Cut your poblanos in half and destem/deseed as needed.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, stuff your poblano halves with your meat mixture and cover with additional quesadilla cheese.
- Bake on the YS640s for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbling hot and the cheese begins to brown on the surface.
- While the peppers are baking, create a sauce by blending cilantro and sour cream together until smooth.
- To plate, place a spoonful or two of the cilantro sauce on the bottom of the plate, and place peppers on top of that. Garnish with more cilantro leaves, if preferred.